5 Signs Your Doctor Isn't Breastfeeding Educated
*Disclaimer: Children's health is our priority. We respect doctors, especially those who educate themselves on breastfeeding. We at Nationwide Nurse-In are not doctors and none of this information should be considered medical advice.
If you feel your doctor is not educated in breastfeeding you are well within your rights to change to one who is.
1. They recommend formula when it is not medically necessary.
2. They make statements about breastfeeding that aren't factual.
3. They don't refer you to a IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant) or Lactation Consultant if you are experiencing breastfeeding difficulties they are unable to help with.
4. If your baby is having trouble latching and they don't have him/ her evaluated for a lip and or tongue tie.
5. They are hostile or unsupportive of your decision to breastfeed your child.
Written by Laura Delmonico
Creator of Nationwide Nurse-In